Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Story of Mesh

I decided that I hate mesh. Yep, that’s right you heard it here, the new trend in SL is my nemesis.

Now you probably think that is because I don’t know how to use it but you’d be wrong. I can use it, although I think I prefer the look you get (as far as adding your own textures) from my old templates but hey, to each his own.

Nope the reason I dislike mesh so much is because of the fact that the sellers of the templates get to put a ton of restrictions on how you use them.

For example, I had to remove an item from the Harvest Moon Hunt and replace it with something I quickly whipped up because the person I bought my mesh template from said I was not allowed to give it away in a hunt. When I told them that it wasn't a free hunt they said that 1 L wasn't enough and that I had to charge at least 50 L when I sold items made from their template.

Well she, ahem...I mean they can kiss my rear. I sell inexpensive items in my store, sure 50 L isn’t much but I paid for the template and I should get to decide how it is being used and how much I am charging for it.

So for those of you looking for mesh in my store, sadly you won’t find it. Well at least until the rules change a bit but until then, you can still find quality items for a decent price, they aren’t mesh but I have a feeling that trend is going to blow over anyway.

Oh and a quick thank you to Joyous Destiny who offered to help me out when my items had to be pulled from the hunt. It’s not often that you find someone so kind and I have to say a big thank you to her.

Here is the link to her store: Joyous Designs

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about mesh. Some is good but most are crap. Who wants to wear the same template. Not me. Thank you for caring about us customers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Shimmer, I really appreciate your feedback.

      Delete